Opposing Sanctions from a Feminist Imperative
16 Jun 2020
Join CODEPINK, FEMENA, and Sanctions Kill for a critical online discussion on how economic sanctions have contributed to the reversal of women's economic and social gains and impeded their progress in Iraq, North Korea, Iran, and Venezuela.
- Nadje Al-Ali, Professor of Anthropology and Middle East Studies, Brown University
- Suzy Kim, Professor of Modern Korea, Rutgers University
- Azadeh Moaveni, Author & Director of Gender Project, International Crisis. Group
- Lilia Ramirez, Researcher & Professor of Media, Political Power & Participatory Democracy, Institute of Advanced Studies
- Moderated by Medea Benjamin, Co-founder, CODEPINK & Sussan Tahmasebi, Executive Director, FEMENA.